Terms & Conditions ("Terms")
Welcome to ovo.io. We are an Internet services provider and provide services made available at our website at http://ovo.io, subdomains and related sites ("website"), which enables users (depending which ovo.io plan they are on), amongst other things, to create web pages, use our application programming interface ("API"), upload, store, manage, download files, information, material and other data ("data") and give access to that data to others (all together, services).
These terms are binding and apply to any use of the services and website by you and anyone that you allow to access your data or our services. By using our services or the website, you and they irrevocably agree to these terms. If you do not like these terms or don't want to be bound, you can't use our services and the website.
We can change these terms at any time and we will provide you notice of the change, whether via our website, by sending you an email or via any messaging service we provide. Your continued use after that notice means that you agree to the changed terms.
If you comply with these terms, then we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide licence to access and use our service via the website in accordance with these terms and any plan you have subscribed for.
If you allow others to access your data (e.g. by, amongst other things, giving them a link to that data), in addition to them accepting these terms, you are responsible for their actions and omissions while they are using the website and services and you agree to fully indemnify us for any claim, loss, damage, fine, costs (including our legal fees) and other liability if they breach any of these terms.
We will store your data on our service subject to these terms and any plan you subscribe to. If you choose to stop using our services, you need to make sure you retrieve your data first because, after that, we may, if we wish, delete it. If we suspend our services to you because you or someone you have given access to has breached these terms, during the term of that suspension, we may if we wish deny you access to your data. If we terminate our services to you because you or someone you have given access to has breached these terms, we may if we wish delete your data immediately. In circumstances where we cease providing all our services for other reasons, we will, if reasonably practicable and we are not prevented by law from doing so, give you 30 days access to retrieve your data.
What does it cost you?
Once you have purchased a plan for our services, you need to pay the fees (if any) for that plan (and any other taxes or duties). We can also change the fees for our services at any time if we give you notice. You can't withhold payment for any reason or claim any set-off without getting our written agreement.
If at any time you do not make a payment to us when you are supposed to (including on termination), we can (and this doesn't affect any other rights we may have against you)...
- ...make you pay, on demand, default interest on any amount you owe us at 10% per annum calculated on a daily basis, from the date when payment was due until the date when payment is actually made by you. You will also need to pay all expenses and costs (including our legal costs) in connection with us trying to recover any unpaid amount from you; and/or
- ...suspend or terminate your use of the service.
What you must do
- make sure you always give us and keep up to date your correct contact and billing details, particularly if these change;
- comply with these terms and any other agreements you have with us;
- make sure that you comply with all laws and rules that relate to your use of the website, the service and any data you upload to our service.
The license that we give you to use the website and our services does not give you the right, and you can't reproduce or use any of our copyright, intellectual property or other rights other than for the purposes of using the services and the website or as allowed under any open source licences under which we use intellectual property provided by others.
You are not allowed to, and you can't let anyone else, copy, alter, distribute, display, licence, modify or reproduce, reverse assemble, reverse compile (whether digitally, electronically, by linking, or in hard copy or by any means whatsoever) or use any of our copyright, intellectual property or other rights without getting our permission first in writing, unless in order to use our services and the website or as allowed under any open source licences under which we use intellectual property provided by others.
You own, or warrant that you are authorised to use, any intellectual property in any data you store on, use, download, upload or otherwise transmit to or from, our service. You grant us a worldwide, royalty free licence to use, store, back-up, copy, transmit, distribute, communicate and otherwise make available, your data, for the purposes of enabling you and those you give access to, to use the website and the services and for any other purpose related to provision of the services to you.
What you can't do
- assign or transfer any rights you have under these terms to any other person without getting our written agreement;
- do anything that would damage, disrupt or place an unreasonable burden on our website or service or anyone else's use of our website or a service including but not limited to denial of service attacks or similar;
- infringe anyone else's intellectual property (including but not limited to copyright) or other rights in any material.
- resell or otherwise supply our services to anyone else without our prior written consent;
- use our website or a service, including, without limitation, any communication tools available through the website, or any forum, chat room or message centre that we provide:
- to store, use, download, upload or otherwise transmit, data in violation of any law (including to breach copyright or other intellectual property held by us or anyone else);
- to send unwelcome communications of any kind (including but not limited to unlawful unsolicited commercial communications) to anyone (e.g. spam or chain letters);
- to abuse, defame, threaten, stalk or harass anyone;
- to store, use, download, upload or otherwise transmit, unsuitable, offensive, obscene or discriminatory information of any kind;
- to run any network scanning software, spiders, spyware, robots, open relay software or similar software;
- to upload anything or otherwise introduce any spyware, viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs or bots or any other damaging items which could interfere with our, or anyone else's, network or computer system;
- to use any software or device which may hinder the services (like mail bombs, war dialing, pinging etc.);
- to attempt to gain unauthorised access to any services other than those to which you have been given express permission to access; or
- to try to trick or defraud anyone for any reason (e.g. by claiming to be someone you are not).
If you register with us, we will provide you with a password to associate with your specific username. You need to make sure your username and password is secure and confidential. Make sure you tell us straight away if you think or know someone else has used your password or there has been any other security breach. We will hold you responsible for anything done using your username and password. MAKE YOUR PASSWORD A STRONG ONE AND KEEP IT SECURE.
We respect the copyright of others and require that users of our services comply with the laws of copyright. You are strictly prohibited from using our services to infringe copyright. You may not upload, download, store, share, display, stream, distribute, e-mail, link to, transmit or otherwise make available any files, data, or content that infringes any copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity.
We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your content has been copied or used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material including for example the uniform resource locator(s) (URL); (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury (unless applicable law says otherwise), that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We reserve the right to remove data alleged to be infringing without prior notice, at our sole discretion, and without liability to you. In appropriate circumstances, we will will also terminate your account if you are determined to be a repeat infringer.
Suspension and Termination
You can terminate your access to the website and our services at any time by sending an email to email@example.com requesting termination. However, we will not provide any part- refund for any time not used on any subscription you may have.
We can immediately suspend or terminate your access to the website and our services without notice to you if you breach any of these terms or any other agreement you have with us. If you are not a registered user, we may suspend or terminate your access to website and our service at any time, without notice to you.
We may also terminate or suspend our services or any part of our services, for all users or for groups of users, at any time and for any reason or no reason.
All charges outstanding on your account must be paid at termination.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. If we do not enforce any right or provision of these terms or if we in any instance grant any concession or indulgence, that will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision or obligate us to grant any concession or indulgence to anyone else.
We will not be liable by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of our obligations because of events beyond our reasonable control, which may include, without limitation, denial-of-service attacks, strikes, shortages, riots, insurrection, fires, flood, storm, explosions, acts of God, war, terrorism, governmental action, labour conditions, earthquakes, material shortages, extraordinary internet congestion or extraordinary connectivity issues or failure of a third party host, (each a "Force Majeure Event"). Upon the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event, we will be excused from any further performance of the obligations which are affected by that Force Majeure Event for so long as the event continues.
WE DON'T GIVE YOU ANY WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING ABOUT THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE WHICH ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". TO AVOID DOUBT, ALL IMPLIED CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED AS MUCH AS IS PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, SAFETY, RELIABILITY, DURABILITY, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
We will try to give you access to our website all the time, but we do not make any promises or provide you with a warranty that our website or the services will be without any faults, bugs or interruptions.
Whilst we intend that the services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the website or services may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place or be periodically interrupted for reasons outside our control.
Information on our website will change regularly. We will try to keep our website up to date and correct, but again, we do not make any promises or guarantees about the accuracy of the information on our website.
We do not warrant that the services will meet your requirements or that they will be suitable for any particular purpose. It is your sole responsibility to determine that the services meet the needs of your business or otherwise and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
We also aren't legally responsible for:
- any corruption or loss of data or other content which you or anyone else may experience after using our website, or any problems you may have when you view or navigate our website;
- devices or equipment that we do not own or have not given you;
- any actions or non-actions of other people which disrupt access to our website including the
- content of any data;
- content of ads appearing on our website (including links to advertisers' own websites) as the advertisers are responsible for the ads (we don't endorse the advertisers' products);
- content of other people's websites even if a link to their website is included on our website (we just include the links for convenience to you).
You warrant that if you are accessing and using the services for the purposes of a business then, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction do not apply to the supply of the services, the website or these terms.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY BY YOU
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE (THIS INCLUDES OUR EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AGENTS AND AUTHORISED RESELLERS) ARE NOT LIABLE WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY OR ON ANY OTHER GROUNDS TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INJURY TO PERSONS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR REVENUE, LOSS OF USE, LOST BUSINESS OR MISSED OPPORTUNITIES, WASTED EXPENDITURE OR SAVINGS WHICH YOU MIGHT HAVE HAD, DENIAL OF SERVICE OR ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE, OCCURRING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OR ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON, OUR WEBSITE, OR THE SERVICE AND BASED ON ANY TYPE OF LIABILITY INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY US AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, COSTS (INCLUDING ALL OUR LEGAL COSTS), EXPENSES, DEMANDS OR LIABILITY, DAMAGES AND LOSSES WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING IN EACH CASE NEGLIGENCE), OR EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM BREACH BY YOU OR ANYONE YOU GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR DATA, OF ANY OF THESE TERMS.
IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE SERVICES, THEN YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO TERMINATE THESE TERMS.
DESPITE THE ABOVE, IF ANY COURT HOLDS US (THIS INCLUDES OUR OFFICERS, STAFF AND AGENTS) LIABLE FOR ANY MATTER RELATED TO THESE TERMS OR OUR SERVICES, OUR TOTAL COMBINED LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE SUM OF YOUR MONTHLY FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE PREVIOUS MONTH.
Information and Privacy
We reserve the right to disclose data and other information as required by law.
You can contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we need to contact you or provide you with Notice we will email you at the email address you gave us when you set up your access to the services and/or through any internal messaging system we provide.
Rights to Third Parties
Employees, officers, agents, authorised suppliers of services to and authorised resellers of, our services, are entitled to the benefit of all indemnities and other provisions of these terms which are for the benefit of ovo.io.
Questions and Contact Information
Questions and comments about these Terms & Conditions are welcomed. You can contact us by email on email@example.com.